Who doesn’t love fresh-baked treats? People aren’t the only ones who get excited about a warm cookie. Try this super easy and healthy dog treat recipe at home. We’re sure Fido will adore them!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 medium sized banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use silicone baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except egg white until well combined
- Roll your dough onto a floured surface to ¼ inch thick
- Cut into desired shape using small cookie cutter (we did a traditional bone, but whatever wags your tail)
- Place the cookies on baking sheet and brush with the egg white.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm
- Cool completely before serving.
That’s it! Keep your treats in an airtight container and give your adorable fur baby daily.
Visit our blog for more pet-friendly tips and recipes!